I watched so much TV this weekend it got to the point where even I was judging myself. It was nice to unwind but I envy anyone who woke up this gloomy Monday morning with a long to-do list. I also envy anyone who knows how the eff I can get these Francesca Joy shorts.
Monday, June 20, 2011
Friday, June 17, 2011
1. Burkman Bros spring/summer collection. The looks are so crisp and fun! I've been watching the brand since Kanye West wore a stack of bracelets at Coachella in April.
2. The dress and simple outfit Minka Kelly wore while parading around NYC. Gold jewelry is my favorite and I really love how the earrings accent the rims of her glasses.
3. The Acropolis in Athens, Greece. The ancient and mythological history, the view, the weather... if you've been there, please spam me with pictures!
4. Fun Father's Day foods! You know what they say about the way to a man's heart... How about a baseball breakfast or big tomato sandwich for dad this weekend?
5. Katy Perry's 'Last Friday Night' always put me in the mood. Rebecca Black even makes a cameo in the music video--annoying but perfect.
Thursday, June 16, 2011
Mannequins encourage extra purchasing because they present proper head-to-toe combinations. It's amazing how much better (or worse) something may look on your body versus limp on a counter or dangling off a hanger. A lot of time, effort and money goes into each look so take cues from the models and hey, it's okay if you copy the entire thing! Below are my favorite looks from J. Crew, Shopbop and Hype.
Monday, June 6, 2011
I ate so much fruit salad this weekend I'm still waiting for my Willy Wonka transformation. Frozen grapes are one of my favorite summertime snacks so morphing into a plump, red, seedless grape isn't out of the question. The real concern is how to wear bright colors without looking like a fruit salad and taking "you are what you eat" to the next level.
Friday, June 3, 2011
I read two fun facts this morning that justified celebration. The first, that July 2011 had five Fridays, five Saturdays and five Sundays! The second, today is National Donut Day! I was so excited until I reminded myself that it wasn't July and the last thing I needed was a donut... Anyway, lets be honest, this is the first of four weekends in June and a free donut is a free donut; let's celebrate!
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
I find there is a direct proportion between the amount of sun I (don't) get and my happiness. The sun is the best (not to mention most affordable and least judgmental) motivator to eat healthy and get active than any magazine, program, skinny friend, 24/7 celery fad-diet, evil ex-boyfriend, etc. Thankfully, it's finally June! I can't wait to bask in too many rays and, literally, smell the flowers. Here are 10 items I'll continually lust over this month. Happy June!
1. Tibi Dress